Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Noni's Return


On the occasion of her latest project -- the Netflix series Stranger Things -- the Margy Rochlin of the New York Times offers the story of Winona's gradual comeback from an unfortunate incident that coincided with the doldrums that affect many women in her field. She points out that her Saks arrest came just at the
"sell-by date for many actresses in Hollywood. I went from weirdo teenager to pixie waif to them not knowing what the hell to do with me."
In the spreadsheet where I keep track of her work and our ratings of it, I have a gray line across 2001, and can show that by our lights, her roles have not been quite as good. The possible reasons are several, all of which are discussed in this article. We agree that her work had improved recently, perhaps as Hollywood has begun to solve the what-to-do-with-her riddle.

We look forward to the new work. Stay tuned for our review....


Preview of Stranger Things

No comments:

Post a Comment